Effective Date: May 22, 2020
Prometheus Digital Studio, LLC
1.Effective Date; Changes. This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us in connection with the Site or App. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above and will inform you by e-mail sent to the address associated with your Site or App account and/or through the Site or App the next time you login. We will treat your continued use of the Site or App following such notice as your acceptance of the changes.
2.Third Parties. The Site or App may contain, and we may send to registered users, offers from third parties or links to third party websites. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request that such third parties provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties.
Information You Submit. When you log into or create an account with the Site or App, we collect the information you provide in the applicable form. This information includes personally identifiable information such as your e-mail address and password. Information you submit to the Site or App also includes your responses to and interactions with content that you view on the Site or App, which will include such personally identifiable information as you may choose to include. When we refer to “personally identifiable information” in this Policy, we mean information that we can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information. To the extent you decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, we may not be able to provide some or all of the features and functionalities found on the Site or App.
Information Collected Automatically. When you use the Site or App, we automatically gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Site or App and the content you view. This also includes server log data such as the IP address, browser type, or device ID of your computer or mobile device, or the webpage you were visiting before you came to our website. As described below, we collect this information through a number of means, including server logs, cookies and other online tracking mechanisms. We may associate such non-personally identifiable information with the personally identifiable information that you provide in connection with the Site or App. But if we do so, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
Social Networking Information. You may create a Site or App account by logging in through a supported social networking site such as Facebook or Instagram (such sites, “Social Services”). Integration with Social Services allows you to automatically populate your Site or App profile with information and content from your Social Service account profile. We will use, store and disclose such information and content in accordance with this Policy. Please remember that the manner in which Social Services use, store and disclose your information and content (including with respect to any choices you may have to limit or control disclosure to us) is governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Social Service and any applicable privacy settings you may be able to control, and not the Company.
Online Tracking and Cookies. The Site or App may use web beacons, cookies and other online tracking mechanisms to collect information. “Beacons” (also often referred to as “pixels”) are tiny graphics on a web page (or in an e-mail that includes web content) designed to track when a page is viewed. “Cookies” are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters that are downloaded by your web browser or mobile device when you visit a website. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies when you access and use the Site or App. Cookies may be used, for example, to remember your user account information and your preferences, to customize the interface of the Site or App for you and to assist us in measuring and analyzing Site or App traffic. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site or App. Persistent cookies can be removed. Please review your browser’s documentation to learn the best way to modify your cookie settings. You can take steps to limit tracking by erasing cookies from your computer’s hard drive and by setting your browser to block all cookies or warn you before a cookie is stored. We partner with certain third parties to collect non-personally identifiable information. These third parties may use web logs, web beacons or other online tracking mechanisms, and they may set and access cookies on your computer or other device. Means of opting out of this third-party data collection are discussed below in paragraph 8.
4.Creation and Use of User Profiles. We would not provide raw data concerning your profile with third parties in a manner that identifies you personally (other than as set forth in paragraphs 7 and 13 below). We may also use and disclose profile information for advertising purposes as outlined paragraph 8 below.
5.Use of Information. We use the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information as follows:
• We will use submitted information for the purposes for which you provided the information, including, for example, to create and maintain a Site or App account for you or respond to a question that you e-mail to us. We also use submitted information and collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Site or App to you.
• We may send you a newsletter and/or other e-mail communications regarding the Site or App.
• We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Site or App in order to help us improve the Site or App and develop and improve other products and services.
• We may use submitted information and collected information to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices, enforce our Terms of Service or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Site or App.
• We may aggregate and analyze non-personally identifiable Site or App content submitted by you and other users, and distribute and publicize these analyses on the Site or App and elsewhere.
• We may combine personally identifiable information collected through the Site or App with other information that we collect about you in other contexts such as our communications with you via e-mail, phone or postal mail. We will handle such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
6.How We Disclose Information. We disclose the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
• To the extent you post comments, profile information, or other content on the Site or App, it will be viewable by other Site or App users in accordance with the Site or App’s functionality.
• We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base and its usage patterns.
• We may disclose non-personally identifiable information to third party partners in furtherance of our business arrangements with them, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and the products and services of such partners.
• The Company uses contractors and third party service providers to provide the Site or App to our users and to help us provide services in connection with the Site or App. For example, we use third parties to help us target and implement our email communications and direct mailings. Such third parties may receive information from us for use for such purposes.
• We also may share your personal or non-personal information with other third parties when necessary to fulfill your requests for services; to complete a transaction that you initiate; or to meet the terms of any agreement that you have with us or our partners.
• We may report aggregated, de-identified data relating to activity on this Site or App to third parties or the general public. We may combine such data with data obtained from third party sources in order to generate such reports.
7.Legal Requirements and Other Special Circumstances. We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of our terms and conditions; or in other circumstances where we believe is necessary to protect the rights or property of Company, our users, and third parties.
8.Online Behavioral Advertising. The Site or App may enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect your non-personally identifiable information for use in online behavioral advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited the Site or App to target online ads for Company services to you on non-Company websites. In addition, our third-party advertising networks might use information relating to your use of the Site or App (including profile information we create as outlined in paragraph 4 above) to help target Company and/or non-Company advertisements to when you visit non-Company websites. For information about behavioral advertising practices, including privacy and confidentiality, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website or the Digital Advertising Alliance website.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties” own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer, you may set your browser to block cookies. Additionally, you may remove yourself from the targeted advertising of companies within the Network Advertising Initiative by opting out here, or of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance program by opting out here. Like many websites, the Site or App does not currently respond to “do not track” browser headers, but you can limit tracking through these third-party programs by taking the steps discussed above.
9.Viewing and Amending Information. You can log into your Site or App account and view or amend your user account information at any time. You may also at any time delete your entire Site or App account by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org using “Account Removal” as the subject. Please note that while changes to your account information are reflected promptly in active user databases, our servers may retain previously provided information. Note that changes to, or deletion of, your Site or App account user information or does not affect any other information collected by the Company, which the Company may retain and continue to use or disclose in accordance with this Policy.
10.Choices Regarding Third Party Offers. To the extent we send you commercial e-mails regarding third party marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
11.Security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information.
12.Transfer As Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Company, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
13.Transfer to the U.S. or other Countries. The Company is established in and uses facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where Company has facilities. By using the Site or App, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
14.Children Under 13. The Company does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Site or App is intended for adults over the age of 18. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Site or App and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Site or App, please contact us at email@example.com and we will work to delete that Site or App account and any such personally identifiable information.
15.Contacting Us. If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or at:
Prometheus Digital Studio, LLC